Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Exit Card

Three Things I Learned:
1-I had no idea pictures need to be cited. I have so many powerpoints where I haven't done this. Flickr seems to be an awesome source for photos, but I wish there were more of the visually stimulating ones useable.
2-If we hadn't learned about Twitter in class, I would have no idea what all of the hype is. It seems to be referred to everywhere these days.
3- The difference between evaluation and assessment. I thought they were the same thing.

Two Thing I Thought Interesting:
1-All of the different uses of technology: Google reader and documents, Jing, Diigo, Wikispaces, blogging, slideshows, etc.
2-I love reading everyone's blogs. We all have different fears and strengths about education and this class, it's interesting to see what they are.

One Question: Is all of this technology a "fad" or a trend? If we devote all of this time to learning it, will it become part of our educational culture, or will it be passe in ten years? I think the latter, but I'm wary.

Answer to Dan's question: How do we get our building administrators to see the value and give us the time to integrate the tools into our professional lives?
In order to have my supervisor or principal see the value in these tools, I would have to personally figure them out and use them, and show off the results. If there is quanitifiable AND qualitative evidence that they are beneficial, they would have to see the value and start the research process and offer training.

No comments:

Post a Comment